Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Fatherhood

I've just spent an hour talking to a guy from BBC1 about Fatherhood. I'm being interviewed soon for Songs Of Praise, they'll be filming a video for one of my songs and talking to me about my Dad, the Fatherhood of God and what I'm like as a Dad or somthing like that .
It's all come up at a rather interesting time.
Last week a horrible thing happened with the one person that I look up to as a father figure. I hate it when things happen between us because they tend to be built so much on misunderstanding. But when feelings run high on both sides of a relationship, whatever kind of relationship, it's hard to talk about those things together.
That's probably all it needs, a talk.

My relationship with Dad only began to florish when we talked through some of the 'issues' we had with each other. Before that we had learned to live with them, or rather live around them, avoiding the No-go areas at all costs.
As I talk about it more, only now six years after Dad died, am I seeing so much in me that needs addressing, healing, mending.
Talking to the BBC man I realised that my relationship with God as a father has run parralel with my relationship with Dad. As God has taught me stuff I've got closer to Dad. When dad died, God carried on regardless, forcing issues that needed dealing with and letting me take them out on Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home