Thursday, January 11, 2007

Writing

I've started writing the story behind Christians Brother (my new project). Because the songs are testimonial or autobiographical the story beind it is turning into something of an autobiography and at first is was fun reading as I wrote. Reliving memories and remembering old friends.
This morning I spent some time on my trip to New York just after Dad was killed. It's strange, I thought I'd worked a lot of thinks through in myself but it's had a very softening effect on me. It was painful to go back there, look at the pictures and meet some of the people again.
Painful to look into the future fro that point knowing that as a result of this hundreds of thousands would be killed and that five years on there would be no end in sight.
This week as well we hear that Bush is sending another 21,000 troops to Iraq.
I guess I'm suprised at how much this hits me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home