Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What's with me....?

I've been reading some of my mates blogs. One of them seems to live this really nice christian life in which God seems to speak to him in every minute detail of his day to day activities.
I remember the first time I went to dinner with my then future wife, at her parents house. Pops (affectionate name for Father in-law) was in the garage tidying up and Mops (affectionate name for mother-in-law) was making tea and cakes and being mother-in-law-ish.
I decided to help Pops in the garage. He was trying to find a place for some wooden planks and had run out of room. he explained the predicament to me and whilst doing so stepped back and nearly fell down an inspection pit in the floor. The wood covering it was rotten and some peices had completely disapeared.
So, being there to impress my future in-laws I set about cutting the renagade plank into a number of small lengths, just enough to fill the gap.
Just at that moment Mops appeared with my beloved and a cuppa with those wonderful words (Would you like a cup of tea?"
Without replying pops said in a rather animated way, " Look at what Robs done. We had a hole in the floor whjere some timber had rotted away and I had a peice of wood that would fit anywhere so Rob cut it up and it fits EXACTLY!!!! Isn't that wonderful!!!???"
"Oooohhh!!!" Replied Mops. "Praise the Lord!"
I was rather bemused by this but happy that i'd impressed none the less.
But that's just it. I read my friends blogs and everythings hunky-dory for them because Gods in it. Somewhere I've got a bit to complicated. I need a bit more evidence to see any divine intervention in everyday live.
I've lost the ability to be happy with endless happy chat and pizza.

I'm not sure it's as bad a thing as it sounds. I'm more aware of bigger issues that I feel passionate about and need to respond to . But I did talk to someone the other day and said that I'm generally not as happy just being a christian as I was 15 years ago. I think God is talking and I know i need to get focused on what He's saying.

Maybe He'll talk over my next cuppa..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home