Saturday, November 19, 2005

Worthing

So, the tour continues
We were playing in Worthing last night. I must admit to being scared stiff about playing in front of a load of old school mates and people I knew from 20 years ago. But it was a good night.
I think gigs like that, that have a certain poingency (sp?) about them make you see things in your own life for what they really are.
I said during the gig that I'm not the squeeky clean Christian that perhaps people think a Christian should be. There were a few guys there that saw me a the school reunion and know that. But for me, the fact that I've worked things through since then and I've seen that there has been a change in me, is important. And it's not what people expect but for them it's helpful to see that I'm still a normal bloke that makes mistakes but has somewhere to go when I do.
That on it's own is a powerful thing.
It was good to see some folks that I've not caught up with for over 20 years. Sometimes makes you gla to be where you are though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home